2020/21 Free Online Masterclass Series
For Young Percussionists & Drummers aged 18 and under!
Here at PercWorks we offer free monthly 'online' masterclasses to young percussionists and drummers aged 18 and under. During each masterclass, an industry professional will talk about their experiences as a working musician, composer or teacher. The Artist will perform or show examples of some of their work and also share with you how their musical education has led to where they are today! There will also be a Q&A session offering you the opportunity to ask those burning percussive questions. Every masterclass will allow you to interact with the artist and gain invaluable information, guidance and inspiration!
Please RSVP below to the masterclasses you would like to attend. Please subscribe to be the first to hear about upcoming events! Once you have RSVP'ed, you will later receive an email requesting participant details. You will receive the 'Zoom' details the day before the event!
Questions? Please visit our FAQs page before contacting us!
"Especially welcome in these times, when so many arts venues are closed"
"Really informative and motivational!"
"A wonderfully relaxed and informative interview!"
"Having the opportunity to access this additional experience is invaluable!"
- Sun, 12 SepZoom12 Sep, 16:00 – 17:30 BSTZoomAn interactive masterclass with the amazing solo & chamber percussionist, Colin Currie! Learn first-hand about his musical journey and experiences, repertoire and instrument choices, pedagogy and approach to practise. With a Q&A session giving you the chance to ask your percussive questions!
- Sun, 11 JulZoom11 Jul, 15:00 – 15:30 BSTZoomA sneak peak into the rehearsals for YPCOTY winner, Lewis Isaacs' composition, live-streamed from the Royal College of Music. This will be an opportunity to see the RCM's Percussion Quartet in action, experience a conservatoire rehearsal and put your questions to the students!
- Sun, 04 JulZoom
- Tue, 04 MayZoom04 May, 18:00 – 19:00 BSTZoomFor YPCOTY Competitors Only! An interactive masterclass with John Barron (Product Specialist), learning how to use the amazing music notation software, Dorico. John will demonstrate how to use Dorico to better your percussion compositions whilst offering many neat tips & tricks!
- 02 May, 16:00 – 17:30 BSTZoomAn interactive masterclass with Daniella Ganeva, a highly sought after solo marimba artiste and professor at the Royal College of Music. Learn first-hand about her musical journey and experiences. With a Q&A session giving you the chance to ask your percussive questions!
- Sun, 21 MarZoom
- Sun, 07 MarZoom
- Sun, 07 FebZoom07 Feb, 16:00 – 17:30 GMTZoomAn interactive masterclass with Alex Neal, the co-principal percussionist for the BBC Symphony Orchestra. Learn first-hand about his musical journey, experiences and what its like to play in a leading Orchestra. With a Q&A session giving you the chance to ask your percussive questions!
- Sun, 31 JanZoom
- Sun, 10 JanZoom10 Jan, 16:00 – 17:30 GMTZoomAn interactive masterclass with Jim Kilpatrick MBE, 19 times World Drum Corps Champion! Jim has also won the RSPBA World Solo Drumming Championships no less than sixteen times. He is also the current holder of the Champion of Champions title, a title he has won three times.
- Sun, 06 DecZoom06 Dec 2020, 16:00 – 17:30 GMTZoomAn interactive masterclass with Adam Kovacs, the percussionist for the West End Show 'THRILLER LIVE'. Adam has also performed for the likes of George Ezra, Anastacia, Mel C, Lemar and Gregory Porter to name a few! Learn first-hand about his musical journey and get involved through our Q&A.
- Sun, 29 NovZoom29 Nov 2020, 14:00 – 15:00 GMTZoomThe Royal College of Music Percussion Quartet, PeRC'M, will be performing live from the Royal College of Music in London. They will also be showcasing the percussion department with a tour, Q&A and much more. Not to be missed, this a rare opportunity to gain a sneak peek into the world of the RCM!